Church Treasurer Webinars
Episcopal Church Treasurers and others wanting to know more about church finances will be able to learn more through a series of webinar. Webinars offered are available for viewing afterwards.
1 hour, 15 minutes
|Complee the financial section of the annual parochial report. Forms, workbook and directions can be found here. Having last year's completed report is also helpful.
1 hour, 8 minutes
|RESPONSIBILITIES & OVERVIEW
||What being a church treasurer means, the big picture of resposiblity and resources available to assist.
1 hour, 24 minutes
|Examines assets coming in to a congregation such as income for operations and revenue for other purposes. How recorded? Tracked? Reported? Acknowledged?
1 hour, 20 minutes
|Examines assets going out from a congregation such as expenses for operations and disbursements for other purposes. How approved? Recorded? Tracked? Reported? Verified?
1 hour, 26 minutes
||Examines complexities of payroll, especially for clergy. Who are employees? Independent contractors? What forms need to be filed? Do we pay social security?
1 hour, 33 minutes
|Examines proper handling of assets held by the congregation, including petty cash, cash accounts and investments. How should these be recorded? Tracked? Reported?
Information and Resources Links
Can't find it? Find something out of date?
Let us know by emailing Matthew Payne.
- Clergy Minimum Compensation Schedule
- Discretionary Fund Policy Document
- For Deacons and Non-Parochial Priests
- For Parochial Priests
- Electronic Resources for the Church Treasurer
- End of Year Checklist
- Form I-9: Employment Eligibility Verification
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Diocesan Finances
- Gift Acknowledgement Sample Language
- Health Insurance Rates (Medical, Dental)
- Information for Churches and Religious Organizations
- Form W-4
- Form W-9
- Notice 1340, Tax-Exempt Organizations and Raffle Prizes
- Publication 15, Circular E, Employer's Tax Guide
- Publication 15-A, Employer's Supplemental Tax Guide
- Publication 526, Charitable Contributions
- Publication 557, Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization
- Publication 1771, Charitable Organizations Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements
- Publication 1779, Independent Contractor or Employee . . .
- Publication 1828, Tax Guide for Churches and Religious Organizations
- Publication 4573, Group Exemptions
- Job Description Church Treasurer, Sample
- Manual of Business Methods in Church Affairs
- Parochial Report
- Information (forms, workbooks, instructions)
- Studying Your Congregation and Community
- Why do the Parochial Report?
- Clergy Pension Plan Information from Church Pension Group
Includes New Assignment Notice Form, Report Change in a Cleric's Duties/Compensation Form, Guide to Benefits under the Clergy Pension Plan, Reference for Pension Administrators
- Lay Pension Plan Information from Church Pension Group
Both Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit Plans
- Enrolling Lay Employees in the Church Pension Fund
- Finance Policies for Congregations
- Health Insurance
- Lay Employee Pensions
- Records Management for Congregations: A Manual for Episcopal Parishes and Missions
- Sample Reports and Forms:
- Cash and Funds Statement
- Church Treasurer Job Description
- Counting Sheet
- Housing Allowance Resolution
- Income and Expense Statement for Congregations
- Stewardship: The Episcopal Network for Stewardship (TENS)
- Supply Clergy Listing and Rates
- Tax Information
- Clergy Tax Guide and more from the Church Pension Group
- Federal Reporting Requirements for Episcopal Churches
- Tax Exempt Status
- (Group Exemption) Letter Example for Congregations
- Tax Exempt Status (Group Exemption) IRS Publication 4573
- Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate / New Hire Reporting
- Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certificate Form S-211
- Webinars - watch 2013 webinars on the diocesan YouTube channel
For additional information, contact the Diocesan Office at (920) 830-8866 or firstname.lastname@example.org