Commission on Congregational Vitality
Contact: The Rev. Eric Mills, Chair
The Commission on Congregational Vitality (CCV) was formed in 2015 by the Bishop of Fond du Lac and the Executive Council. The role of the CCV is to
assist the Bishop in developing and maintaining:
- A comprehensive and substantial training in congregational vitality for clergy and laity in the diocese to include coaching/training in evangelism, community outreach, and communication, etc.
- A regular, prayerful time of discussion and monitoring of the health of congregations in the Diocese and attention to what diocesan leaders can do to support and assist congregations in their growth and vitality.
- A congregational consulting network that provides congregational leaders with third party assistance for facilitation and consultation as needed.
- A congregational grants program that assists congregations in targeted developmental areas.
- Identifying mid-sized congregations with potential for growth in order to marshal diocesan resources toward that end, to include financial assistance to provide full-time priest in charge as possible.
Recent activities involve visiting every congregation. Read more about that project here.
Members of the Commission on Congregational Vitality are the Rev. Eric Mills, Chair, St. Anne, De Pere; the Rt. Rev. Matthew Gunter, Diocese of Fond du Lac; Ms. Cathy Cowling, Trinity, Oshkosh; the Rev. Jane Johnson, Intercession, Stevens Point; the Rev. Karl Schaffenburg, Grace, Sheboygan; the Rev. Joanne Skidmore, Licensed to Officiate.